Johns Manville (JM) has embedded sustainability into the companyís decision-making and strategic-planning processes through the use of tools that compare sustainability attributes of potential projects and actions and through teams that help ensure a continuous focus on sustainability. We always strive to minimize the adverse impact of the materials we use, the products we manufacture, and the processes we use to produce them.
The JM Sustainability Council provides leadership to ensure the company creates and executes an integrated and coordinated set of company-level and business-unit-level strategies for sustainability. Additionally, under the direction of the Council, a team of business and functional members are responsible for the development of the annual sustainability report content, including tracking of metrics and coordination with subject matter experts.
Under JMís Sustainability Policy, issued in 2009,
the company has committed to:
- achieving and maintaining sustainable operations
- offering innovative and superior products and solutions with sustainable advantages
- driving sustainability principles within our business culture and decision-making processes
- measuring the success of JMís business by financial, social and environmental considerations, balanced among the Six Pillars
- ensuring that internal and external stakeholders are informed of JMís progress and achievement of sustainability goals